none
I need SyncToy for Windows 10

Question

• I need SyncToy for Windows 10. Microsoft's website says ... "Supported Operating System Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP"

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=15155

• Edited by rcj007 Thursday, March 1, 2018 12:19 AM
    Thursday, March 1, 2018 12:14 AM

All replies

• Hi,

SyncToy 2.1 can be run in Windows 10.

cf.
    Description of its System Requirement was written in 2009 when Windows 10 was not released. That's all. 

Regards,

Ashidacchi

Thursday, March 1, 2018 1:08 AM
  • Dear Ashidacchi,

Thanks for the reply.

1) Have you been using SyncToy with Windows 10 with no problems and if so for how long?

2) If Microsoft has updated SyncToy to work with Windows 10, it's amazing that they are so negligent as to not have updated the description from 9 years ago -- very sloppy! It's things like this that are contributing to them losing market share to Apple & Android/Google (we are considering switching).

Friday, March 2, 2018 11:14 PM
  • Dear Ashidacchi,

Thanks for the reply.

1) Have you been using SyncToy with Windows 10 with no problems and if so for how long?

2) If Microsoft has updated SyncToy to work with Windows 10, it's amazing that they are so negligent as to not have updated the description from 9 years ago -- very sloppy! It's things like this that are contributing to them losing market share to Apple & Android/Google (we are considering switching).

Hi rcj007,

1)  I have no need to use SyncToy (2.1, x64). But tried it with Windows 10 Home 64-bit.
      For installing SyncToy, we need to install .NET Framework 3.5, so I installed .NET Framework 3.5 and then installed SyncToy.
      Installation of SyncToy was completed successfully, and I could run it.
      I created [Right folder] and had [Right folder] synced with [Left folder]. Sync was completed with success.
      I will not run SyncToy long (because I have no need to user it).

2) I have no answer. It's a matter of Microsoft, and I don't work for Microsoft.

# I'm using another software to sync (making backup, in my words).

Regards,

Ashidacchi

Saturday, March 3, 2018 1:26 AM