none
C# IIS HttpModule - log requests solution RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have an HTTP module installed on an IIS site, that matches requests by action, and given a predefined set of actions, it logs the requests into an external resource (by calling a REST service using a HttpWebRequest).

If for some reason that call to an external resource fails, we want to keep track of those messages, by saving them somewhere for later processing (for example, another service or solution rather than the module itself checks for pending messages and attempts to send them to the service again later).

My point here is:

- The overall processing on the module should be as lightweight as possible

- The calls that fail to the external REST service could be stored in files, but it may be a resourceful solution and we are also considering disk consumption, and if there is load balancing (and there is), our after-mechanism must look into several machines in order to find missing messages to send (with the disadvantage of not scaling, since adding new machines means also adding them to the mechanism in order to look for pending messages).

Generically, what else could I consider to be fast and ensure we don't loose these messages?

• Moved by Fei Hu Saturday, February 24, 2018 5:15 AM ASP.NET related
    Friday, February 23, 2018 5:10 PM

All replies