none
Unable to managing Pairs properly RRS feed

• Question

• I have 20 pairs targetting 4 PCs. These pairs are created by a script. I would like to be able to just change my script (adding a new pair, or changing some options) and simply rerun.

However if a pair already exist, no change are applied

Suggestion: change this behavior.

Then I tried to delete the pair first.  Since I cannot check for its existence: so I have to delete blindly. If the pair does not exist, the GUI app stops and I have to acknowledge the popup "A folder pair with the name xxxx was not found", before my script can continue

Suggestion: add an option like QUIET, or simply do not 'popup', since the errorcode is sufficient or add an option to check the existence of a pair.

Did I miss something, or is there any way to accomplish proper management of the pairs, without reverting to GUI.

Another suggestions: allow grouping of pairs, to permit for example the execution of all pairs related to a PC, or all the pairs related to a specific folder

Thanks

Sunday, May 2, 2010 2:14 AM

All replies

• Hi CannelleLaurin,

Thanks for your suggestions firstly! We will consider improve the user experience in the future version.

I shoud say for now, syncToyCmd.exe dose not support to group folder pairs, or check if one folder pairs is existing or not. For a new environment, you can just do delete then re-create all of them forcely. But initial sync may cost time.

Thanks,

Ping

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Proposed as answer by Ping Lu Friday, May 14, 2010 8:57 AM
    Friday, May 14, 2010 8:56 AM