CRM 2011 Set a Selected Option RRS feed

• Question

• I have a form that I am using JavaScript to populate a set of default values. One of these values is called entity (I know confusing, but it's what we call them in our industry).  This is a lookup to a table called hs_entities_lu.  The selection from this is related to the df_activities entity and upon select should populate only activity_types where the entity matches.

Here's my problem:

Using JavaScript, I can pre-populate the "entity" field based on another selection called "gl_code" and it does show up in the picklist, but it does not appear to actually select.  When I view the activity_type lookup, it is not filtered.  If I go back to the "entity" picklist and select the option manually, the filtering for activity_type turns on and works with no problem so I believe the issue is that CRM is not reading the field as actually being selected.  Is there any way to manually set an option for a picklist?  I'd really like to have activity_type be a filtered lookup and it should work if I can get the form to recognize the selection for entity programmatically.

I've tried everything I can think of, but am pretty much stuck at this point.

TIA!

Jakki

Tuesday, February 4, 2014 10:21 PM

All replies