Number of outlook users RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using crm 3.0.

How to know, how many users are using outlookclient for crm access and how many using webclient?

Can we restrict users in outlook of using Sync funtion by entites or by role ? For example, I want
    user to sync outlook crm folder on certain entities...(Basically, I don't want user to use sync facility that often to increase speed)
    Thanks in advanced.

Hugo
    Monday, August 3, 2009 1:35 AM

Answers

• I think I recall that there is a setting either in Security Roles or System Settings maybe on the CRM application under Options where you can set the minimum amount of time that users can sync Outlook.  I think the default is 15 mins but it has been a while since I worked on 3.0.
    Best Regards, Donna
    • Proposed as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Thursday, August 13, 2009 9:31 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Thursday, August 20, 2009 4:21 PM
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 9:31 PM

All replies

• You can define queries to filter the entitites that sync with the Offline client.  Plus, you can set a flag on the entity to indicate whether it is available offline or not. 
    Matt, MVP - Dynamics CRM
    Friday, August 7, 2009 11:32 PM
  • I think I recall that there is a setting either in Security Roles or System Settings maybe on the CRM application under Options where you can set the minimum amount of time that users can sync Outlook.  I think the default is 15 mins but it has been a while since I worked on 3.0.
    Best Regards, Donna
    • Proposed as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Thursday, August 13, 2009 9:31 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Thursday, August 20, 2009 4:21 PM
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 9:31 PM