CRM 4.0 Import Notes field in Lead Entity RRS feed

• Question

• Respected Community Members,

i know we don't have much more interest and resources left for CRM 4.0 any more. But I have last few task left in CRM 4.0 which i need some quick help from community.

I need to impor the Note from the custom table/file and looking into any entity they do not have the Note directly associated as attribute. I was douing R&D on that and found the table Annotation has the note in that and it is related to entity by object type.

So Do i need to insert the Annotation directly?? Again Annotation is not the entity, so i am confused, How do i automatically insert the Notes and associate it to particular Entiry and its further Record GUID??

Thanks,

Nick

Wednesday, November 6, 2013 2:51 PM

All replies

• Nick,

CRM stores information in multiple tables. You can get consolidated info by looking at the views instead of tables. Filtered views give you all the info of an entity. You could check FilteredAnnotation for notes. Annotation has all the notes of all entities. Objecttypecode gives you the entity type and objectid gives the record guid that the notes is related to.

You can import notes using the data migration manager in CRM 4.0. Refer this. You can also use tools like Scribe (www.scribesoft.com) or a batch process to upload data using sdk.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

• Proposed as answer by Mamatha Swamy Thursday, November 7, 2013 12:44 AM
    • Edited by Mamatha Swamy Thursday, November 7, 2013 12:46 AM
    Thursday, November 7, 2013 12:44 AM
  • Mamatha,

Thanks a lot for quick update.  I have a situation to load the Lead entity from batch program and same time needs to load Annotation(Custom Notes) for all those leads in the batch process.

i am able to import data into Lead entity using the Batch process using the CRM 4.0 Web Service. But after inserting the Leads, How do i add the Annotation(Custom Notes) into same associated Lead Entity??

Please provide any example if you can.

Thanks,

Nick

Thursday, November 7, 2013 8:51 PM
  • Nick,

Here is a sample that you can refer. Though it talks of attachment it shows you how to attach notes. update your batch process to create the related notes as soon as a lead is created; notes is shown in the sample for account.

If you have already created leads and are now looking for adding notes only then you have to retrieve (query) the leadid (using some unique field/column from the data) and then use it as objectid to create notes.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

Thursday, November 7, 2013 11:00 PM