none
How do I UN-mark my question as "Answered"? RRS feed

• Question

•   How do I UN-mark my question as "Answered" when someone Other than the Author has marked it as 'answered'..?

My question was marked as Answered One week after I submitted it by one of the Moderators (I will leave his name Out for now..). One Moderator suggested an answer and the OTHER marked it as the "answer"..!  Sorry to say the suggestions were Not the answer (I wish one Would have been... but forwarding the question to REWARDS Support was Not the answer).

Thank You*

Claire

Claire Hudson

Friday, June 15, 2018 7:09 PM

Answers

• If you asked the question, you should be able to unmark any answers (unless the thread is locked). Any reply marked as an answer in the thread should have a link at the bottom labeled "Unmark as answer". Click that link. You can only do that if you asked the question, or you are a moderator.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Friday, June 15, 2018 7:27 PM
  •   Once I found the correct forum Thread that the original question was Moved To...

I was able to unmark the question as Answered, just as you said. 

It also explains how someone else could mark something as 'the answer'.

Good thing I still had the reply (from February) to go by to help me find the forum/thread to where my question was moved...

but seriously, marking 'the answer' as being from a 50-100 page list of random questions & (sometimes) answers is Still a

Shot in the Dark*.

Claire Hudson

• Marked as answer by HopeCH Monday, July 2, 2018 10:03 PM
    Monday, July 2, 2018 9:39 PM

All replies

• If you asked the question, you should be able to unmark any answers (unless the thread is locked). Any reply marked as an answer in the thread should have a link at the bottom labeled "Unmark as answer". Click that link. You can only do that if you asked the question, or you are a moderator.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Friday, June 15, 2018 7:27 PM
  •   Once I found the correct forum Thread that the original question was Moved To...

I was able to unmark the question as Answered, just as you said. 

It also explains how someone else could mark something as 'the answer'.

Good thing I still had the reply (from February) to go by to help me find the forum/thread to where my question was moved...

but seriously, marking 'the answer' as being from a 50-100 page list of random questions & (sometimes) answers is Still a

Shot in the Dark*.

Claire Hudson

• Marked as answer by HopeCH Monday, July 2, 2018 10:03 PM
    Monday, July 2, 2018 9:39 PM
  • Also note the thread is still marked answered.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, July 2, 2018 10:01 PM