Home Network Health Messages RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, does anyone know how I clear old home network health messages from my WHS Console?

Thanks

John

John
    Sunday, February 8, 2009 4:38 PM

Answers

• John,

It sounds as though you have an HP! The easiest way of clearing the messages relating to non-used Add-Ins, is to open you Shared Folders-Software-Add Ins folder then create another folder within the Add-Ins folder called 'not used' or something. Once created, use Explorer and just move the offending item(s) from the Add-Ins to the new folder.

You cannot permanently remove the other error messages easily - by design. The best way is to remove the reason for them being generated in the first place, so if you could explain why they are being created, then we should be able to do something.

If, for example, it's because a Client isn't now being backed up, (by design), then the easiest way is to remove that Client from the schedule.

HTH,

Colin

If anyone answers your query successfully, please mark it as 'Helpful', to guide other users.
    Sunday, February 8, 2009 5:48 PM

All replies

• AirdrieBoy said:

Hi, does anyone know how I clear old home network health messages from my WHS Console?

Thanks

John

John

Normally, you resolve the issue at hand.  Can you be more specific?  What messages are you seeing?  How long have they been there?  Have you tried clicking Ignore this issue?
    Sunday, February 8, 2009 4:43 PM
  • Hi Kariya21, they are the standard messages, pc backup errors and warnings, server add-ins that I don't particularly want to install, (PVConnect Media Server). Some messages have been there for days, some for weeks, and yes, I can click ignore this issue but my preference woul be not to have a long list of issue as it makes importnat issues easier to see. 

Thanks
    John
    Sunday, February 8, 2009 4:53 PM
  • John,

It sounds as though you have an HP! The easiest way of clearing the messages relating to non-used Add-Ins, is to open you Shared Folders-Software-Add Ins folder then create another folder within the Add-Ins folder called 'not used' or something. Once created, use Explorer and just move the offending item(s) from the Add-Ins to the new folder.

You cannot permanently remove the other error messages easily - by design. The best way is to remove the reason for them being generated in the first place, so if you could explain why they are being created, then we should be able to do something.

If, for example, it's because a Client isn't now being backed up, (by design), then the easiest way is to remove that Client from the schedule.

HTH,

Colin

If anyone answers your query successfully, please mark it as 'Helpful', to guide other users.
    Sunday, February 8, 2009 5:48 PM