Create custom UI similar to CRM 2013 inline lookup window RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created a HTML page in CRM 2011 which looks identical to CRM Dialogs in terms of look and feel and I am opening it as a modal window. This is working fine. In the latest upgrade of CRM 2013(Orion Upgrade), the UI has been completely changed. CRM 2013 is going to completely retire popup windows. Now I need to update my HTML page to CRM 2013 Look and feel(Like CRM 2013 lookup window which opens my morphing the background and opens inline in the same page). Can anyone help me how to achive the look and feel of CRM 2013 Lookup window(kind of) and opens it inline in the same page?

Shall I use Jquery Dialog UI? Please provide the solution ASAP.

Thursday, September 26, 2013 11:13 AM

Answers

• var url = Mscrm.CrmUri.create(String.format("$webresource:{0}", You WebResource Name)

Mscrm.InlineDialogUtility.createInlineDialog(url,args,width,height,left,top,zindex);

Friday, March 28, 2014 10:15 AM
  • There will be a SDK utility to do this in future versions of CRM2013 : Xrm.Utility.openWebResourceDialog(webResourceName, webResourceData, width, height) - but until now I recommend against using Jquery Dialog to open a window inside the same HTML page as CRM since this is unsupported and will likely interfere with CRM's own inline dialog.

I suggest you stick with the modal dialog approach until support is added to the SDK.

hth,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Thursday, September 26, 2013 3:02 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• There will be a SDK utility to do this in future versions of CRM2013 : Xrm.Utility.openWebResourceDialog(webResourceName, webResourceData, width, height) - but until now I recommend against using Jquery Dialog to open a window inside the same HTML page as CRM since this is unsupported and will likely interfere with CRM's own inline dialog.

I suggest you stick with the modal dialog approach until support is added to the SDK.

hth,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Thursday, September 26, 2013 3:02 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Scott,

Thanks for the quick update. Can you kindly let me know how to invoke InlineWindows (Like when we click magnifier icon of a lookup window and click on Lookup More Records, an Inline Lookup window comes with the background masked.). Is it possible to create a custom HTML page which looks identical to that of Inline window. If possible can you kindly provide how to provide alert messages with CRM 2013 Look and feel(Information messages)?

Friday, September 27, 2013 1:15 PM
  • Hi Scott,

I found that "Xrm.Utility.openWebResource()" is working instead of "Xrm.Utility.openWebResourceDialog()".

Still i can not get the solution as i am waiting for CRM upgradation because i need to test this out in Outlook.

Can you please give me any idea on this that will this work out in Outlook or not?

Thanks,

Anish

Monday, November 25, 2013 10:20 AM
  • var url = Mscrm.CrmUri.create(String.format("$webresource:{0}", You WebResource Name)

Mscrm.InlineDialogUtility.createInlineDialog(url,args,width,height,left,top,zindex);

Friday, March 28, 2014 10:15 AM