Used wrong Subscription ID when installing onecare, how do I change RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• I have the same problem, it wont let me change the username, to the one which i alrdy bought the 1 yr subscrition for. I never knew u needed to use the same email for my new laptop for kids, and i cant change the username anymore when trying to subscribe.
    Sunday, December 30, 2007 1:44 AM
  • Unfortunately, you have both run into a bug with the 2.0 software. Once you enter a LiveID into the interface it cannot be changed as it sets itself up with a LiveID in Trial mode for extended functionality. This will be fixed in the future, but for now, your only recourse is to uninstall and reinstall in order to use a different LiveID to proceed with activation.

-steve

Monday, December 31, 2007 2:25 AM
  • My daughter has switched from Norton antivirus & bought/installed Windows Live OneCare. I can't add her PC to my network so she can use my printer. I have a subscription I installed last December. I understand that she will need to uninstall/reinstall & use my onecare ID to use my printer, right?  I've tried to add her to my circle but can't pick her up.

I would have used my subscription but already at the limit of three.

Thursday, June 12, 2008 4:47 AM
  • In order to be a part of the OneCare Circle and use the OneCare Printer Sharing feature, her copy of OneCare would need to be activated with your OneCare Subscription LiveID.

However, you can still share the printer manually using Windows Printer Sharing.

Open OneCare on her PC and the PC that is hosting the printer (where it is attached.

Click Change Settings

On the firewall tab, click configure firewall

If the network is shown as Public, click Change Location to change it to "Home or Work."

Click the Advanced Settings button

Click Network connections tab.

On the Ports and Protocols tab, add, optionally, a check mark next to File and Printer Sharing - for subnet and Internet if the first setting alone (after all of the above are verified) does not allow Sharing to work.

On the PC hosting the printer, go to Control Panel/Printers and right click the printer you wish to share. Select Properties and then Sharing.

On your daughter's PC, go to Control Panel/Printers and select add a printer and select Network printer to see the printer that is shared by your PC using Windows Printer Sharing.

-steve

Thursday, June 12, 2008 2:34 PM
  • Well, the situation has changed to the one exposed by Stephen Boots back in 2007. Now you can change the Windows Live ID with the steps exposed in this help article:

Sunday, September 27, 2009 10:33 PM
  • Yes, a utility was made available some time ago:

If the activation dialog already contains a LiveID from a prior attempt or one used in trial mode, but this is not the one you need to activate with to associate it with your subscription, see this post for how to reset this - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/f5ce50e4-9165-40a5-891b-fe5d0659738b

For more information see Instant Help - http://help.live.com/help.aspx?project=onecarev2&mkt=en-us&querytype=topic&query=OneCare_PROC_FindLiveIDHelp.htm

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 12:34 PM
  • Try to run the Subscription Removal Tool

http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/7/5/f759f03c-cee7-4e3d-978c-0d56b9a8533b/RemoveMachine.exe

After finishing the process try to activate the onecare with correct Live ID.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009 10:08 PM