Problem whit WHS2011 and a Teaming NIC RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I have a problem whit my WHS2011 and a Teaming NIC from the “Realtek Ethernet Diagnostic Utility” of two” Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller” I use the version 2.0.0.5 of this Tool to use Load Balance / Fail offer function. But then I use it, WHS2011 can’t initial UPnP und want connect the Domain Name. But the Server will still have a WWW connection and respond to his IP. What must I do that WHS2011 will run properly whit the NIC Team.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

MAG

Thursday, September 27, 2012 3:48 PM

Answers

• James is correct; NIC teaming isn't supported by the Windows Home Server dashboard, etc. You will need to manually configure your router for certain. It's possible that other network related wizards will also have issues, or will cause problems with the team; you should test carefully to make sure that everything else works as you expect it to in the presence of the errors teaming causes.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

Thursday, October 4, 2012 2:53 PM
  • Hi,

I don't think NIC Teaming is supported on the WHS 2011, there is a similar thread for your reference:

Title: NIC teaming

URL: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/whsvailbeta/thread/c0ca4604-96f7-4441-bfc5-d3f130576952

NIC teaming in WHS 2011 will cause network connection issue.

Regards,

James

James Xiong

TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Ken Warren Thursday, October 4, 2012 2:48 PM
    • Marked as answer by Marc André Gahlen Thursday, October 4, 2012 3:16 PM
    Thursday, October 4, 2012 2:54 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I don't think NIC Teaming is supported on the WHS 2011, there is a similar thread for your reference:

Title: NIC teaming

URL: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/whsvailbeta/thread/c0ca4604-96f7-4441-bfc5-d3f130576952

NIC teaming in WHS 2011 will cause network connection issue.

Regards,

James

James Xiong

TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Ken Warren Thursday, October 4, 2012 2:48 PM
    • Marked as answer by Marc André Gahlen Thursday, October 4, 2012 3:16 PM
    Thursday, October 4, 2012 2:54 AM
  • James is correct; NIC teaming isn't supported by the Windows Home Server dashboard, etc. You will need to manually configure your router for certain. It's possible that other network related wizards will also have issues, or will cause problems with the team; you should test carefully to make sure that everything else works as you expect it to in the presence of the errors teaming causes.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

Thursday, October 4, 2012 2:53 PM
  • Ok thank you, I will test it or I  use only one Port or better I wait for Windows Server 2012 Essential have a nicer price because that can NIC Teaming directly  ;-).

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/video/microsoft-virtual-academy-nic-teaming-in-windows-server-2012 

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

MAG

Thursday, October 4, 2012 3:26 PM