Showing Presence in outlook from custom IM application RRS feed

• Question

•  

By default outlook 2007 shows presence from Microsoft Office communicator. We have our own communicator running along with Outlook on same machine instead of Microsoft Office communicator. I want to show presence information using custom IM application but don;t know where to start.

I just got following so far. My application is .Net. From following note I am assuming I have to expose COM and register for TreatAs and implement Windows messanger API but don;t know which function in API should I implement to show presence.If there is sample for this then it will be most useful.

1. Uninstall Office Communicator if it is installed.
    2. Use TreatAs (COM) to replace the Office Communicator CLSID (class identifier) with third-party CLSID. The CSLIDs for Office Communicator is {8885370D-B33E-44B7-875D-28E403CF9270}. For more information about TreatAs, go to http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms679737.aspx.
    3. Implement the Windows Messenger API. For more information, go to http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms630961.aspx.
    4. Set the IM Application process name in the registry value REG_SZ under HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Call Integration\IMApplication = <app_process_name>. For example: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Call Integration\IMApplication = MyIMApplication.exe.

5.       Set the IM provider that Office applications call to be Office Communicator by configuring the following registry value: REG_DWORD HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\PersonaMenu\RTCApplication.
    Note:  Use value 3 for Office Communicator.

6.       Advertise the start and shut down of your application’s COM server by setting the registry value REG_DW HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\IM Providers\Communicator\UpAndRunning. The possible values to set: 0 (not running), 1(starting), and 2 (running).

Thursday, September 25, 2008 12:31 AM

All replies

• Did you find out which methods must be implemented or do you maybe have a sample now?

Regards...

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 8:53 AM