can you direct me? RRS feed

• Question

• In my previous thread you said I'd need to reinstall Vista. I did follow the link you provided & attempted to fix it with the fixes they had. I think I do need to reinstall. I'm running Vista home premium 64 bit. Can you tell me where to go & how to go about reinstalling? I'm so afraid I will mess things up further.

Thanks.
    Friday, August 21, 2009 8:28 PM

Answers

• Hello Shadawbi,

Computers that come with Windows Pre-Installed are required to come with Windows Reinstall software (sometimes refered to as Restore software or Restore Media).  The software may come in the form of a Disk that came with the computer or may be on a hidden partition on the computer's hard drive. Unfortunatly, each computer manufacturer does it different, so I wouldn't be able to give you accurate instructions.  Please see the documentation that came with the computer (or contact the computer's manufacturer) for assistance in finding and/or running the Reinstall software.

You may want to post in the Vista "Install, Upgrade & Activate" forum (http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/genuinevista/thread/929efcd5-afbd-40a6-a4e0-197d4fb97be5) and see if anyone is familure with your computer's restore software.

Sorry I couldn't be more help,
    Darin mS  
    Friday, August 21, 2009 9:55 PM