Sync Services for ADO.Net for Devices Newbie RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

Current Development Environment Setup

- VS2005 for developing mobile 5 devices and interested in synchronising specific data.

Note:Is it possible to use this framework in VS2005 instead of VS2008? Thank you.

- MS Sync Framwork ADO.NET for devices CTP1

- MS Windows XP

I'm interested in using Sync Framework in Synchronising SQLCE with SQL Server 2005 but i am lost and overloaded with the information.

EG. SQL Server 2005 download SQL CE for 5 tables

SQL CE back to SQL Server into one table

SQL Compact Edition in devices <------USB Cradle to------->Client PC<------HTTP/Network-------> SQL Server 2005 reside on Server.

I've tried to run the VB.Net Download Only (SyncServices_VB_DownloadOnly) samples provided together with the installation for MS Sync Framework ADO.Net for Devices. But prompt me a TypeLoadException error. Below is the error.

Code Snippet
    System.TypeLoadException was unhandled
      Message="Method 'GetClientId' in type 'Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeClientSyncProvider' from assembly 'Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.SqlServerCe, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' does not have an implementation."
      Source="Client"
      TypeName="Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeClientSyncProvider"
      StackTrace:
           at Microsoft.Samples.Synchronization.SampleSyncAgent..ctor()
           at Microsoft.Samples.Synchronization.MainForm.btnSynchronize_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Synchronization Services\ADO.NET\v1.0\Docs\Samples\SyncServices_VB_DownloadOnly\Client\Forms\MainForm.vb:line 34
           at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
           at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
           at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
           at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
           at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
           at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
           at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
           at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
           at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
           at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
           at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
           at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
           at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
           at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
           at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(ApplicationContext context)
           at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.OnRun()
           at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.DoApplicationModel()
           at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.Run(String[] commandLine)
           at Microsoft.Samples.Synchronization.My.MyApplication.Main(String[] Args) in 17d14f5c-a337-4978-8281-53493378c1071.vb:line 81
           at System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly, String[] args)
           at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)
           at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
           at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
           at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
           at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Please advise me on how should i go about acheiving the end result in sync SQL CE in device with SQL Server 2005.Thank you.

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 7:40 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Friday, May 16, 2008 2:09 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    I am developping the same type of application. I just want to sync some tables between sql server 2005 and a pocket pc.
    I have installed the 2 CTP files : CTP2SyncServicesADO_x86 and CTP2SyncSetup_x86.
    And also the Ado.net file. (Do i need another file that i missed ???)
    I have created my database + procs on sql server, put my webservice on IIS and added the webreference in my project, and developped a simple application with one button , when you click on it  it synchronize databases.
    The deployment is ok (except that it deploy around 20 dlls on the directory dunno why) but when i click on my button it freezes for some minutes and them display the same error message :

Unable to load type 'Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeClientSyncProvider' from assembly 'Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.SqlServerCe etc ...

If anybody got an idea ...

Thanks

Sam
    Friday, May 16, 2008 3:29 AM
  • what you installed is the sync services CTP2 release. you will need the MSI for the devices from here http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2957116&SiteID=1.

I would suggest you starting play around with the sample application first before jumping into new solutions.

thanks

Yunwen

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 1:34 AM