Email Response Management RRS feed

• Question

• Hi:

I looked at few Email response management solutions available off the shelf like: Emailtopia and Talisma. Right now my business just needs a way to:

> make sure emails from customers are responded within certain time period (SLA)
    > Route Email based on Keywords
    > Set priority based on Key words (Rules Engine)
    > Categorize emails (testimonials, complaints, questions, etc)
    > Assigning/forwarding email (case) to agents.
    > Escalation
    > Reporting

Is Microsoft CRM a right tool for it? I guess they are not standard features of CRM. So if we need to custom implement the mentioned features, what is the tool/API used and how long does it generally take to implement it?

Thank you in advance for your help!
    -Ravi Mittal.
    Thursday, March 27, 2008 10:31 PM

Answers

All replies

• Microsoft CRM is an excellent tool for handling email inquiries and support requests. You can use the CRM queues to receive emails, use a third-party tool or custom workflow to convert the emails into cases and set the priority and assignment of the cases using workflow. CRM also leverages the excellent reporting functionality of SQL Reporting Services, including some case reports right out of the box and the ability to create your own reports. A CRM implementation usually involved more than just setting up a way to handle inbound email support requests so it's hard to give an estimate on how long it takes. A quick installation and base configuration can be done in as little as two weeks, but typical CRM implementations require more in-depth process analysis, configuration and training. It all depends on your requirements and organization.

Monday, March 31, 2008 6:41 PM
  • Dear Ravi,

In Addition to Matt,

Its great tool for settingup the email and route, for that you have to use workflow, you have to write some assembly to deal like you want

you can see email to lead or case ..

http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2006/09/27/773825.aspx

Regards,

Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Monday, April 7, 2008 12:37 PM