Faxing functionality? RRS feed

• Question

• Hey everyone,

I was wondering about the possibilty of putting faxing functionality on WHS.

Unfortunately, I don't have WHS up and running yet (my machine that I planned to run it on died, so all new hardware purchases are in progress), but a great feature for Windows Home Server would be faxing functionality.

I would personally love the ability to recieve faxes on the server. It's on all the time anyways, and it's centrally accessible from all of my computers. Some modems have WS 2003 drivers, so would it be possible to add the functionality?

Wednesday, May 2, 2007 10:51 PM

Answers

• Well, it's built on SBS, and I believe that everything you need to install fax functionality is therefore built in. You'll have to configure it manually, though. There are some good articles on the Microsoft support site that should help you with that.
    Wednesday, May 2, 2007 11:23 PM

All replies

• Well, it's built on SBS, and I believe that everything you need to install fax functionality is therefore built in. You'll have to configure it manually, though. There are some good articles on the Microsoft support site that should help you with that.
    Wednesday, May 2, 2007 11:23 PM
  • Ken,

Thanks. I found an earlier post of yours with a link.

Does seem a little buried, but very happy that it is built in.

Thursday, May 3, 2007 8:24 PM