CRM 4.0 installation failure sql remote RRS feed

• Question

•  Trying to install 4.0 professional on new server

Installed sql 2005 no problem. Ran updates sp1 then sp2..etc.

Begain installation of CRM 4.0. Hit a roadblock and recieved this error to correct before crm is installed.

"Microsoft SQL Server"

- Setup was unable to verify that SQL Server Agent (SQLSERVERAGENT) was running

I verfied it was indeed running. I re- started the agent..etc. and ran it again...same error.

I checked to make sure it was reading the correct (the only instance I created)...

I made sure the account for the agent had "log on" service permission. The server is all-in-one one LAN so I pushed the permission from GP to server to make sure GP wasn't denying anything.

anyone else run into this problem.....???  any suggestions ???

Monday, February 2, 2009 3:24 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If you are using the clustered env can you try to install from the other node.If not try to hit the sql server or try to connect sql server from your IIS server.

I am sure it would not connect.If it connect then there should not be a problem for your Installation to fail.

To overcome these problem i need to reboot the sql server and then everything worked fine.Dont know still what exactly went wrong with those and sometimes even due to IPSec issue i faced these problems by which sometime even the sql services are at running mode but still they dont respond.

Thanks

Arif.
    Mohammed Arif
    Saturday, February 21, 2009 1:21 AM

All replies

• I would check to ensure that the user that is running the CRM installation has full rights on the SLQ server. 
    Best Regards, Donna
    Monday, February 2, 2009 4:23 PM
  • Thanks Donna,

I ran the install with an account with full rights. Same thing.

This is weird. I don't remember having this issue when I installed 3.0  a year and half ago.
    Monday, February 2, 2009 7:29 PM
  • Can you open your Report Server URL?  http://ReportServerName/reportserver  Just checking to see if the supporting pieces are in place.  At what point in the installation process are you hitting the error?  Is there anything about your installation environment that is unique?  Are SQL and CRM on the same box?
    Best Regards, Donna
    Tuesday, February 3, 2009 12:00 AM
  • Hi,

If you are using the clustered env can you try to install from the other node.If not try to hit the sql server or try to connect sql server from your IIS server.

I am sure it would not connect.If it connect then there should not be a problem for your Installation to fail.

To overcome these problem i need to reboot the sql server and then everything worked fine.Dont know still what exactly went wrong with those and sometimes even due to IPSec issue i faced these problems by which sometime even the sql services are at running mode but still they dont respond.

Thanks

Arif.
    Mohammed Arif
    Saturday, February 21, 2009 1:21 AM