none
Zune Software 2.5

Question

•  

All of my music is stored on my WHS would it make sense to install the Zune software on the server and will it support it?
    Friday, May 23, 2008 5:56 PM

Answers

• I know of no benefit versus having the zune software on a client pc monitoring the share folders. You could execute a wifi sync without a pc turned on but why? What would it sync unless random or somethng you allready told it on the pc. There's no browsing or looking for sync material on the zune itself unless your neighbor has theirs turned on and open for sharing. The wifi part is a cool idea but entirely useless to me.

zune 30g owner and daily user

Friday, May 23, 2008 11:06 PM

All replies

• Other people have installed the Zune software with no apparent problems. However, as a none-Zune user, does it support any form of streaming or syncing over it's wifi connection?

Colin

Friday, May 23, 2008 6:10 PM
  • I know of no benefit versus having the zune software on a client pc monitoring the share folders. You could execute a wifi sync without a pc turned on but why? What would it sync unless random or somethng you allready told it on the pc. There's no browsing or looking for sync material on the zune itself unless your neighbor has theirs turned on and open for sharing. The wifi part is a cool idea but entirely useless to me.

zune 30g owner and daily user

Friday, May 23, 2008 11:06 PM
  •  

I will give you a good reason, podcast. Zune will download new podcast that I subscribe to with no interaction on my part. So when I get home and pull into my garage I don't have to go to my PC to get the latest podcast as it will sync and download for me.

Monday, August 18, 2008 12:02 AM