Ordering a certificate RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I just passed the 70-271 and the 70-272, so currently i achieved MCP and MCDST. So now i want to order my certificates, apparently i have to pay $10 + 0.99c per each additional certificate. My main question is...

Besides the certificate print will i also get a wallet card from Microsoft with my order?

If not, how do i order one? (I believe this is part of the welcome kit, but i cannot find anything in the MCP section)

Thank you.

Friday, June 17, 2011 5:41 AM

Answers

• Microsoft is committed to helping people and organizations around the world improve the environment and here are the highline benefits of this initiative:

· Reducing Waste and Carbon Footprint – no longer shipping envelopes and plastic wrap that ends up in landfills.

· Instant Access to Your MCP Certificate(s) – no longer waiting for it to arrive through the mail system.

· Same Credentials and Benefits – Same great certificates available

· Making Environmental Stewardship Part of Our Business Relationships.

What this means is starting July 1, 2009, they will no longer ship Welcome Kits. You will be able to still order a paper certificate for a shipping & handling fee and the wallet cards (as previously mentioned) are going digital .

There is a link in the MCP site called Customize your virtual business card and public profile where you can create your own wallet cards.

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt) MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Please mark solved if I've answered your question, vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    • Marked as answer by BERTOBETT Friday, June 17, 2011 10:18 AM
    Friday, June 17, 2011 8:39 AM

All replies

• Microsoft is committed to helping people and organizations around the world improve the environment and here are the highline benefits of this initiative:

· Reducing Waste and Carbon Footprint – no longer shipping envelopes and plastic wrap that ends up in landfills.

· Instant Access to Your MCP Certificate(s) – no longer waiting for it to arrive through the mail system.

· Same Credentials and Benefits – Same great certificates available

· Making Environmental Stewardship Part of Our Business Relationships.

What this means is starting July 1, 2009, they will no longer ship Welcome Kits. You will be able to still order a paper certificate for a shipping & handling fee and the wallet cards (as previously mentioned) are going digital .

There is a link in the MCP site called Customize your virtual business card and public profile where you can create your own wallet cards.

Jeff Wharton
    Please mark solved if I've answered your question, vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    • Marked as answer by BERTOBETT Friday, June 17, 2011 10:18 AM
    Friday, June 17, 2011 8:39 AM
  • Hm i am not happy.

One of the most important things for me its the wallet ID, really gives you an acomplishment feeling, even if they wanted to charge for it, would be fine.

Anyways, thanks.

Friday, June 17, 2011 10:19 AM
  • I totally agree :-)
    Jeff Wharton
    Friday, June 17, 2011 10:50 AM