none
How can I get the ability to remove spam posts? RRS feed

• Question

• I see the same guy spamming the forms twice a day and twice a day I go through and report over a dozen posts. It would be a lot easier if I could just remove them. Any chance I can get this ability. It is annoying to me that someone would abuse a place where so many get great help and I would like to help improve the reaction speed to these posts as to keep things clean. 

Thomas Faherty

Friday, April 5, 2019 4:06 AM

Answers

• Ok, thanks for reporting. Normally you can use the Report as abuse at bottom of thread which should alert moderators in that forum to take some action.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by Kiodos Friday, April 5, 2019 4:50 AM
    Friday, April 5, 2019 4:45 AM
  • The forum admins asked me to flag only one spam post per user. Otherwise they get overwhelmed with reports. I don't know how their process works, but flagging all posts by the user makes it more likely the user is not banned.

I report one post by each user. Then if the posts remain after a few hours, I report another.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

• Marked as answer by Kiodos Friday, April 5, 2019 3:11 PM
    Friday, April 5, 2019 9:37 AM

All replies

• Do you have a link to the user profile?

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Friday, April 5, 2019 4:31 AM
  • Ok, thanks for reporting. Normally you can use the Report as abuse at bottom of thread which should alert moderators in that forum to take some action.

• Marked as answer by Kiodos Friday, April 5, 2019 4:50 AM
    Friday, April 5, 2019 4:45 AM
  • I do each time but before anyone gets to it the forums normally end up looking like 3 pages of this

spam

Thomas Faherty

Friday, April 5, 2019 4:50 AM
  • I see that, also this is an archived forum so it should have been locked to block new postings. I also requested it to be locked.

Friday, April 5, 2019 4:52 AM
  • Sounds good. Thanks for the replies. 

Thomas Faherty

Friday, April 5, 2019 4:56 AM
  • You're welcome.

Friday, April 5, 2019 4:57 AM
  • The forum admins asked me to flag only one spam post per user. Otherwise they get overwhelmed with reports. I don't know how their process works, but flagging all posts by the user makes it more likely the user is not banned.

I report one post by each user. Then if the posts remain after a few hours, I report another.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

• Marked as answer by Kiodos Friday, April 5, 2019 3:11 PM
    Friday, April 5, 2019 9:37 AM
  • Just an update: I see the archived forum is now locked to new posts.

Friday, April 5, 2019 10:32 AM