Rest Areas RRS feed

• Question

• I plan routes and trips for groups.  However the program that I have been using (was very good), is no longer offered.  I am trying to plan routes and have the route show rest areas along the way to plan stops.  It was indicated to me that it will only plan 50 miles, and not necessarily along the route.  Is it possible to plan and show rest areas along the route?

I have learned to click the rest areas and apply.  This gives all rest areas within 50 miles.  A group traveling 500 miles, it seems, has to be manually inserted.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011 5:44 PM

All replies

• Hi TCTT,

Which program was it that you used but is no longer offered?

You can search for points of interest along a plotted route but going to Find nearby places (Ctrl+d), and on the bottom of the Find nearby places pane, selecting from the Around dropdown, the Entire route option.

Laptop GPS World
    Wednesday, February 2, 2011 1:23 PM
  • Thanks, you are right. It does allow me to insert the rest areas. The program I used was Free Trip. com. You paid for the club membership that allowed different options. I have to say, it was great. It routed and showed the rest areas and Travel Plazas automatically with driving times and mileage. It was very accurate. I am afraid I did get spoiled. I am sure this program will do many things for me after I learn the tricks. Any suggestions? Thanks for replying and the help.
    Wednesday, February 2, 2011 9:18 PM