Reclaim my lost homeserver.com subdomain RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there.

Does anyone know how I can reclaim my homeserver.com subdomain which was set up (as livenode.com) during the WHS beta?  I tested the product during the beta period, but moved away from WHS until very recently.  Is there a procedure I need to go through in order to obtain access to my subdomain?

Looking forward to hearing from anyone who might know.  Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
    Maurice.
    Friday, September 11, 2009 2:49 PM

Answers

• If you remember what LiveID you used, you can try creating a homeserver.com domain that matches the livenode.com domain you set up during the trial. But realize that we're two years past the point where Microsoft discontinued the use of livenode.com, so it's likely that the livenode.com vanity URL (which was temporary, per Microsoft) is long gone and there will be no way to reclaim it as a homeserver.com URL at this point.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by MauricePowell Friday, September 11, 2009 3:24 PM
    Friday, September 11, 2009 3:00 PM

All replies

• If you remember what LiveID you used, you can try creating a homeserver.com domain that matches the livenode.com domain you set up during the trial. But realize that we're two years past the point where Microsoft discontinued the use of livenode.com, so it's likely that the livenode.com vanity URL (which was temporary, per Microsoft) is long gone and there will be no way to reclaim it as a homeserver.com URL at this point.
    • Marked as answer by MauricePowell Friday, September 11, 2009 3:24 PM
    Friday, September 11, 2009 3:00 PM
  • Hi Ken, thanks so much for the quick response.

Isn't it true that the livenode.com subdomains were moved over to homeserver.com at some point a while back?

Regards, Maurice.

Friday, September 11, 2009 3:14 PM
  • Yes (at least after a fashion) but do you expect Microsoft to keep a vanity URL locked forever just in case someone wants it back in a couple of years?
    Friday, September 11, 2009 3:41 PM
  • I wouldn't have thought so, but I was suspicious when the vanity URL in question, when trying to connect via a browser, would time-out after a period, rather than just fail instantly.  Turns out, my vanity URL was still in place, which I discovered once I associated my Live ID.  I can't thank you enough for pointing me in the right direction there Ken.  Cheers for you help!

Best regards,
    Maurice.
    Saturday, September 12, 2009 1:15 PM