Can't access my documents (XP Copy) in windows 7 RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have copied my documents from an old XP install and formatted the drive. I then installed windows 7 and attempted to access the folder, nothing was in it. I set security options to allow access but it seems it hasn't changed anything except "all users" appears and i can access application data, But thats it. The size is 564mb, the same as what it was in XP. The files are there, I just can't access them. Have I set the folder permissions incorrectly, or am I missing something else? I have searched everywhere but noone seems to have this problem. Its not that it is denying my access. It's saying that the files aren't there, when I know it is.

Thanks.
    • Changed type JimR1Moderator Sunday, August 23, 2009 1:43 PM
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Sunday, August 23, 2009 1:44 PM Off topic. (From:Microsoft Security Essentials: Getting Started and Upgrading)
    Sunday, August 23, 2009 6:24 AM

All replies

• First of all you are in the wrong forum and second of all when you format a drive you are essentially deleting any data on that drive.
    Sunday, August 23, 2009 9:45 AM
  • I was given 3 options, none of which corresponded to the area I could relate. So i chose the one best suited that I could find to put this question in. Second, if you read my post it states that the size is 564mb, Copied from XP, it is not a junction like in Vista. I simply can't see the files. I have used forums before, but I am new to this one so could you please cut me some slack and help answer the question?
    Sunday, August 23, 2009 1:18 PM
  • Braddie77 you can get help with your Windows 7 question here - http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprogeneral/threads
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Sunday, August 23, 2009 2:06 PM