Exporting Goals to Excel RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm on Dynamics CRM 2011 Online.

I'm trying to export Goals to a Dynamic Excel-sheet. The values in the goals are in currency. But when the data is transported to Excel, the fields contain the currency label "EUR" hense making the cells in Excel non-calculable text.

This is extra confusing as the export of Opportunities which also contain currency fields works fine, no currency labels are transported, and the Excel cells are formatted as numbers.

Why doesn't this work in a similar manner with Goals? Is there anything I can do to correct this?

When contacting customer support they blamed on Excel and they said the problem was therefore not a part of the CRM-support. I can't see how this is a problem with Excel as it is Dynamics CRM that adds the currency label into the currency field.

Best regards,

Janne

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 9:09 AM

Answers

• Hi Janne, the target for a goal can be an integer, decimal or money amount. For example, the number of cases resolved per month would have an integer target but the about of sales revenue generated in a quarter would be a money amount.

So CRM actually has four target fields on the goal record: Target, Target (integer), Target (decimal), Target (money). The Target field is actually just a text field. If you export the Target field and your target is actually a currency, then the currency symbol or code will be included in the text field.

The solution to this challenge is to export the Target (money) field instead. This will not include the currency symbol or code and Excel will treat it like a number field.

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd. Join me on Twitter. Join over 20,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 4:22 PM

All replies

• Hi Janne, the target for a goal can be an integer, decimal or money amount. For example, the number of cases resolved per month would have an integer target but the about of sales revenue generated in a quarter would be a money amount.

So CRM actually has four target fields on the goal record: Target, Target (integer), Target (decimal), Target (money). The Target field is actually just a text field. If you export the Target field and your target is actually a currency, then the currency symbol or code will be included in the text field.

The solution to this challenge is to export the Target (money) field instead. This will not include the currency symbol or code and Excel will treat it like a number field.

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd. Join me on Twitter. Join over 20,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 4:22 PM
  • Hi Neil,

Thank you so much. I knew the solution would be something very simple but for some reason I got stuck and couldn't figure it out. Thank you!

Best regards,

Janne

Thursday, March 15, 2012 7:03 AM