Connector Software is not where it should be RRS feed

• Question

• On my server (upgraded from the original release to PP3) the connector software is not where it should be, I think. My new win7 laptop can find the server but the connector setup is not found. The connector cd I created when I installed PP3 also does not find it. The cd contains WHSConnectorInstall.exe dated 10/07/09. If I go to HTTP://server:55000 I get a page that has an option to download the connector but I get a page not found error. It seems to be going to HTTP:/server:55000/setup/WHSConnectorInstall.exe but that does not exist.

Most of what I can read indicates the the files shoud be in the Software folder, but it seems that must have changed with PP3.

At SYS (C)\whs I find WHSConnectorInstall.exe along with 2 WHSConnector.msi files. There is no setup subdirectory. The connectors files are not in the Software share and there is not setup directory that I can find. Where should the MSI files be and can I just move them there?

Tuesday, October 19, 2010 2:03 PM

All replies

• The location of the connector installer hasn't changed. Please see this FAQ.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, October 19, 2010 4:49 PM
  • I created the directories as listed and used the cmd file to populate the connector directory and created the other two and placed the files in them. I found in another thread that I was also supposed to have a directory for the restore cd so I created and populated the restore directory. I rebooted the server and double checked all the file names but it still does not work. I still get the page not found message. I went to http://basementserver:55000 on a machine that has a functioning connector and got the same message. I did a reinstall in January, 2010 and can see that the 3 Power Packs installed. I did not intentionally delete any folders. In the console, the versions of the first 4 programs are 6.0.2423.0 and the Storage manager is 6.0.3036.0. The connector files in the software share are all dated October, 2009.

I copied the files to the laptop and it installed it sucessfully but I would still like to correct my problem for the future

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 7:59 PM