A Sandbox Host is not available. RRS feed

• Question

• We have a working Full Server install of CRM 2011 On-Premise.  We have recently added a front-end server.  This server is in a different subnet, but on the same domain.  Everything is working fine except the Sandbox Service.  We didn't notice it was a problem until imported a solution/plugin that needed it.  We are seeing errors related to the sandbox now.  I am seeing this error in the event log on the front-end server:

A Sandbox Host is not available.
     Source: w3wp.exe (5760)
     Sandbox Host: SERVERNAME
     Reason: System.ServiceModel.EndpointNotFoundException: There was no endpoint listening at net.tcp://SERVERNAME/CrmSandboxHost that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details.

I am currently using the Network Service account for the sandbox service on the back-end server.  I have tried switching it to a domain account (not in crm) giving it the access below, but I am still getting the same errors.

Domain Users membership.

That account must be granted the Logon as service permission in the Local Security Policy.

Folder read and write permission on the Trace, by default located under \Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Trace, and user account %AppData% folders on the local computer.

Read permission to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM subkey in the Windows registry.

The service account may need an SPN for the URL used to access the website that is associated with it. To set the SPN for the Sandbox Processing Service account, run the following command at a command prompt on the computer where the service is running.

SETSPN –a MSCRMSandboxService/<ComputerName> <service account>

I have verified port 808 is open between the servers.  I can telnet over port 808 from the front-end to the back-end server.

Please let me know how I can resolve this issue.

Thursday, February 7, 2013 9:35 PM

All replies

• I am having the same exact problem.  I am going to open a case with Microsoft Customer Source today.  I am wondering if the binding of the Sandbox WCF service may be the problem.
    Friday, February 8, 2013 12:55 PM
  • Are you using load balancing? if you are you'll need to open CRM Deployment Manager and set the correct load balancing urls. Another thing to check is IIS (where the sandbox service is running) - make sure the default website has all the required bindings, eg: 808, 80 etc

Kids don't try this at home!

Sunday, February 10, 2013 7:00 AM
  • We are not using load balancing.  I checked in IIS and I see the standard 80 and 443 bindings and this binding:

Type:   net.tcp
    Binding Information:   808:*

So it looks like the sandbox is setup correctly.

Monday, February 11, 2013 5:11 PM