Feature request: More command lines! RRS feed

• General discussion

• What a great tool! As a stand-alone application it is simple and powerful, hats off.

However, it is limited for my application a bit, because I would like to call it as an external routine within the framework of other applications, and for that it would be necessary to call the tool with appropriate command-line parameters. I can currenlty call it with "X" images, but that automatically defaults to the "Automatic stitiching" and I want to be able to a) specify the stiching camera mode, and b) specify a structured panorama. As far as I've seen, this can not be done right now, can it?  To use the tool in a command-line fashion, it would also be necessary to be able to specify the output type & location.

Friday, March 15, 2013 3:21 PM

All replies

• Sorry for 'pushing' this to the top of the list, but I was wondering if this forum is actually still read by some of the original coders? Are there any plans to work further on the project or is it 'as is' and 'dead' (as far as development is concerned.)
    Thursday, October 17, 2013 12:15 PM
  • I asked this in the past - no answer! I think, this project is dead!
    Tuesday, October 29, 2013 10:21 AM
  • Too bad :c(

I really like ICE, but what I need is an automatic stitching program (just like ICE) that takes an sorted XY array of image where the XY position is ~known but still needs registration and stitches it together working from the command prompt.

The "array" feature in ICE really works fine for me (even with standard settings), but if I can't feed in the images via command prompt, it's of no use :c(((

Does anybody know of some (free) software tool that would do it?

Friday, December 13, 2013 2:00 PM
  • I would like to add to my last comment: The project is not dead, as I've just been reassured by email.

While this forum might not be monitored, I've received a very nice (and quick) email response from Eric Stollnitz with some useful information I would like to share here, in case others are seeking the same things as I do.

• The wish for more command line parameters in ICE is well recognized and rather high on the "internal" feature list
    • The current ICE.exe can be launched with a list of images as parameters (which I knew)
    • The current ICE.exe can be launched with a *.spj file a parameter to configure the action on start-up (This was great news for me!)

What this means is, that you can write a *.spj file detailing the images you want to feed into ICE as well as the preferred stitching technique, and you can launch ICE with this configuration file to get the stitched image right away. Unfortunately, you will still see the user-interface and the result, and you will still have to save the result manually in the current version.

So how the *.spj file look like? It's possibly best to 'create' one by using the ICE user-interface and saving a project "Save As..." and then opening the file in a text editor. The important thing here is, that there are "complete" projects .spj files (which store all the finally achieved stitching positions and adaptations), and "initialize" project .spj files. You can get to an example of the latter by using the "Save As..." while the aliginging computation step is still not finished, i.e. create a new project with many files (i.e. a structured Panorma), and immediately save the project while it still does the computation.

Sunday, December 15, 2013 2:43 PM
  • Example of a .spj file before alignment is complete:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<stitchProject
        version="1.1"
    >

<stitchParams
        mapping="perspective"
        motionModel="rigidScale"
        poseIsApprox="true"
      />

<sourceImages>