none
What are all these posts in Chinese (and other languages) that seem to flood in the same time daily?

Answers

• It's no doubt they are spams. If you review the spam maker's profile and forum activities, you will find nothing useful except these rubbish messages.

As a Chinese forum moderator, every time when I find such spams, I can do nothing except report to fissues@microsoft.com. I don't have privilege to block such spam maker.

Don't tell me than I can delete these spams one by one. In this extreme inefficient web forum, doing so will be a great waste of time.

Alexis Zhang

http://mvp.microsoft.com/zh-cn/mvp/Jie%20Zhang-4000545
    http://blogs.itecn.net/blogs/alexis

| Are these spam (I assume yes) or mistakes or other? Can't they block this, the forums are basically garbage for 15 to 30 minutes...

• Marked as answer by JFetter Wednesday, December 9, 2015 1:23 PM
    Wednesday, December 9, 2015 1:11 PM

All replies

• It's no doubt they are spams. If you review the spam maker's profile and forum activities, you will find nothing useful except these rubbish messages.

As a Chinese forum moderator, every time when I find such spams, I can do nothing except report to fissues@microsoft.com. I don't have privilege to block such spam maker.

Don't tell me than I can delete these spams one by one. In this extreme inefficient web forum, doing so will be a great waste of time.

Alexis Zhang

| Are these spam (I assume yes) or mistakes or other? Can't they block this, the forums are basically garbage for 15 to 30 minutes...

• Marked as answer by JFetter Wednesday, December 9, 2015 1:23 PM
    Wednesday, December 9, 2015 1:11 PM
  • Also, flagging them as abusive seems to no longer result in them being deleted and the account banned, at least for many hours. This may be related to the other recent problems reported in the forums: no email notification, delay up to 12 hours in updating profile activities, etc.

There are several categories of spam that have recently flooded the forums, mostly chinese or persian, but a few English. One concerns maintenance of appliances, especially refrigerators. Another sells diplomas. Another sells passports and drivers licenses, another sell credit cards. Most have been around for many months. As soon as the accounts get deleted, they create new ones.

Edit: Recently, the profile of the spammers shows nothing except the creation of the account.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 3:35 PM
  • I emailed fissues at microsoft dot com and asked if I should still flag spam threads as abusive, since I did not see them getting deleted. I got this reply:

We have already banned the spammer and also could see the posts have deleted as well from the page.

We suspect there could be some latency on deletion the spam content from the page however we will monitor the behavior for some time and take action accordingly.

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 4:56 PM
  • Thanks for the replies guys, glad to see they are trying...

Jack

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 4:58 PM
  • Here's how bad this has been lately:

http://boardreader.com/site/TechNet_forums_561478.html

Four of the top five are spammers. No way should they have been allowed to continue on for this long.

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 5:00 PM
  • And the 10th name on that list of the top ten posters in the last week is also a spammer.

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 5:23 PM
  • Methinks something very bad is going on behind the scenes lately. The forums team doesn't exactly respond to email very quickly, but I don't think I've gone 48 hours without at least a reply to my initial message before now.

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 5:27 PM
  • The forums seem to be quite broken. Say, I posted a new thread in this forum but I do not see it in the Forum's view although I refreshed a couple of times.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Friday, December 11, 2015 2:48 PM
  • Yep, I'm seeing the same thing.

I don't know if I'm even going to bother emailing fissues this time, considering I still haven't heard back from my initial report on Monday morning.

EDIT: Forgot to mention - the RSS feeds are still working, so you can keep up with threads that way until they figure this mess out.

EDIT2: I sent in an email, we'll see what happens.

Friday, December 11, 2015 2:53 PM
  • I sent email and a link to my new thread right after I posted.

My blog

My TechNet articles

Friday, December 11, 2015 3:16 PM
  • About 2 hours ago I checked all forum views (My Threads, My Forums Threads) and saw no activity anywhere in the last 5 hours. Even on the main forum view of all forums. I think this just recently cleared up. I emailed fissues 3 hours ago, and got this reply about an hour ago:

Thank you for reaching out to us,

we already know this issue and we are working on it.

Friday, December 11, 2015 3:45 PM
  • As of now, only the My Threads view is up to date. All others (all forums, my forums, my forums threads) have not been updated in many hours. One good thing is that we cannot see any of the Chinese or Farsi spam, since it is not possible to see posts we have not replied to. Also no questions to answer. I think I'll shop.

Friday, December 11, 2015 9:20 PM
  • Strongly agree and thanks to Richard Mueller's share.

What I concern is if a moderator could be added privilege to delete or mark abusive a number of spams at one time.

Alexis Zhang

|I emailed fissues at microsoft dot com and asked if I should still flag spam threads as abusive, since I did not see them getting deleted. I got this reply:

Saturday, December 12, 2015 3:31 AM
  • The problem still persists. My Forums do not show newest threads.

My blog

My TechNet articles

Sunday, December 13, 2015 2:35 AM
  • Yes, the My Threads view seems to be the only one that updates. Otherwise, it appears to me that nothing has happened in any TechNet or MSDN forums for over 7 hours (at this time). This means we cannot see any new threads at all, or any activity in threads we haven't participated in. People asking new questions must wonder why they are being ignored.

Sunday, December 13, 2015 3:31 AM
  • Seems to be working normally again now.

I don't know about the status of the threads created during this mess that were never seen, but threads I'm replying to now are currently jumping to the top of the list as expected.

Monday, December 14, 2015 1:33 PM