sp release? RRS feed

• Question

• will ms release a sp for vail?
    i know ms is secretive about this stuff, but it would be nice to know if they are even going to try fixing some of main/recurrent problems i have seen in the forums. or wether they have left vail behind.
    • Edited by mike2h Saturday, October 8, 2011 9:09 PM
    Saturday, October 8, 2011 9:07 PM

All replies

• It can only be speculation, but I would expect some form of bug roll up fix at some point in the future.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Saturday, October 8, 2011 9:44 PM
  • One has already been released. In general, one is released every 4-6 months or so (i.e. 2-3 times a year).
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Sunday, October 9, 2011 6:02 AM
  • thx guys. not what i wanted, but what i expected.

just seems like ms should be ablle to fix a cpl of the most common/known problems given that this is a dumbed down(my understanding) vers of 08 server & i doubt the common issues are happening in that prog. may be wrong on that :)

dont know if i am getting a skewed view as i just skim through the forums but it seems like most reported common problems are on sytems with multiple drives. dont know if it means anything or is even true, just an observation. i know im planning on a 1-2 hd setup with an esata device for backup. just sayin ;)

Sunday, October 9, 2011 7:48 AM
  • $52.99 for WHS 2011 vs $708.99 for 2008r2 sp1!!!!!!!

Money talks WHS walks.

Sunday, October 9, 2011 3:26 PM
  • ...it seems like most reported common problems are on systems with multiple drives...

This isn't really an indication of anything. One could just as easily say it's on systems with network cards...

What kinds of common problems are you referring to?

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 4:52 PM
  • ... dont know if i am getting a skewed view as i just skim through the forums ...

Almost by definition forums are going to give a skewed view. Consider: users who are happy with their server, have modest data needs, have a simple home network, find the server does what they want out of the box, and have no problems will never post. That describes the vast majority of Windows Home Server users. The small minority who:

• don't like the physical server for whatever reason
    • have hardware failure issues
    • have issues with their home network
    • need/want funcitonality not in the base product or the enhancements that an OEM might add
    • are technophiles that have made significant changes to server functionality on their own and are now trying to sort the implications
    • Are single user "system builders" (i.e. end users who bought a system builder package and installed on their own hardware) who don't have the technical skills to occupy that role

Are the ones who post, i.e. posters almost never praise, only vilify, complain, and question. :)

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 5:02 PM