Backup failure RRS feed

• Question

• Unable to get my first backup to work. It runs to about 10% then fails. The error message is:

"An error occurred reading or writing from the computer's hard drive C:" 

I've checked Updates for WHS, restarted WHS and my computer, ran diagnostics, and no error messages have appeared.  What settings must I check on my hard drive that would prohibit the backup from performing?

Thanks!

Sunday, March 2, 2008 8:47 PM

Answers

• Nile

Yes, it should be chkdsk SPACE /f SPACE /r (where SPACE is an actual space rather than the word space)

Andrew

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 7:18 PM

All replies

• Have you tried running chkdsk /f /r on the computer that is having the problems?

Andrew

Sunday, March 2, 2008 9:30 PM
  • You didn't provide much data on your system, but my guess is that it is a network problem.  First, if you're using a wireless network, try using a wired network connection for your first backup.

Regards

Merrill

Sunday, March 2, 2008 9:31 PM
  • I have the same problem (error message).  I have a wired system and have run chkdsk/f/r and the report was that the comupter is "clean."  (A question, though:  are there supposed to be spaces after k (in chkdsk) and f ??)  I look forward to an answer to this puzzling error.

Nile

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 7:12 PM
  • Nile

Yes, it should be chkdsk SPACE /f SPACE /r (where SPACE is an actual space rather than the word space)

Andrew

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 7:18 PM