Live One will not install RRS feed

• Question

• I recently got a new hardrive and reinstalled windows xp.  I am now having difficulty reinstalling live one care.  I insert the disk and it does its preliminary install.  After it is finished it asks to restart my computer.  After restarting the computer nothing happens.  When i try to open live one care i get the message:
    "The Windows Live OneCare service is not working or has been stopped.  To correct this problem, try restarting your computer.  If the problem persists, contact support."

I have restarted many times.  I have also tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it 3x. 

Any suggestions?
    Wednesday, April 30, 2008 5:08 AM

Answers

• I think that first thing to do is to visit Windows Update and make sure that all critical and important updates have been downloaded and applied.

Also, verify that the date and time on your computer are correct as this can cause the error on start that you are encountering.

If all updates are installed, and the date and time are correct, but the problem persists, please contact support - 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Wednesday, April 30, 2008 11:21 AM

All replies

• I think that first thing to do is to visit Windows Update and make sure that all critical and important updates have been downloaded and applied.

Also, verify that the date and time on your computer are correct as this can cause the error on start that you are encountering.

If all updates are installed, and the date and time are correct, but the problem persists, please contact support - 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Wednesday, April 30, 2008 11:21 AM
  •  

Perform a clean boot and then run an sfc /scannow.

Then try reinstalling Windows Live One care.

Also try to remove any other security softwares if available like panda or zonealarm

Thursday, May 1, 2008 8:29 PM