none
Typing in password when logging in always fails the first time RRS feed

• Question

• If you have your Windows Live set to save email address only, then the next time you go to the forums, and type in your password, it always rejects it.  The second time it accepts it fine.   I'm absolutely 100% sure I'm typing in the correct password the first time.  It only started happening a few days ago.

I've seen this behavior elsewhere for Microsoft sites that use Live, but not for a while. 
    Wednesday, June 18, 2008 2:44 PM

Answers

• Hi Ted-

I can't reproduce this issue you are experiencing and you are no longer having the problem so I won't be logging this as a bug.  If the behavior is happening across multiple microsft sites, it sounds like a LIVE ID issue.  If it comes up again and we can reproduce it, we can certainly engage the LIVE ID team if needed.  

Thanks!
    Alicia
    Program Manager, Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    Monday, June 23, 2008 7:05 AM

All replies

• ok, I had it on another Microsoft site, so most likely it's not something that you can deal with directly, I'll need to contact the Live team.  But has anyone else ever noticed this behavior?

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 3:57 PM
  • Ted:

Yes, I think so. But I'm a lousy typist, so I have put it down to that.

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP
    Friday, June 20, 2008 6:00 PM
  • since the site update it hasn't happened once, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed...
    Saturday, June 21, 2008 3:36 AM
  • Hi Ted-

I can't reproduce this issue you are experiencing and you are no longer having the problem so I won't be logging this as a bug.  If the behavior is happening across multiple microsft sites, it sounds like a LIVE ID issue.  If it comes up again and we can reproduce it, we can certainly engage the LIVE ID team if needed.  

Thanks!
    Alicia
    Program Manager, Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    Monday, June 23, 2008 7:05 AM