Attach office document to Project server custom workflow RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Kindly, I wanna create project server custom workflow using MS. VS. 2010, with this workflow I wanna attach any MS. Office document file, also i want that attached doc file saved in the project workspace at the end of workflow using SharePoint 2010 site.

so, is there anyone can help me please?

Thanks & Best regards,

Abdalfattah Hussein.

Saturday, October 15, 2011 2:22 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

There is no option to include the Document upload functionality in standard PDP's or as part of workflows.

Instead you can develop a webpart in which you can develop the file upload functionalit.

This webpart you can place it inside a PDP which will be controlled through workflow.

Hope this helps

Ravishankar

Ravishankar
    Saturday, October 15, 2011 5:58 AM
  • Hi Ravishankar,

Many thanks for your reply, actually I know that I must develop a custom web part which will contain a part for attach any document to developed custom workflow. But the question is, what should I do to develop this custom web part, in other words could u tell me the outlines which will guide me to begin develop this web part.

Thanks & Best regards,

Abd Al-Fattah Hussein.

Saturday, October 15, 2011 12:09 PM
  • Hi Hussein,

Below are the steps

1) Install Visual Studio in the Project Server machine (or) SharePoint machine.

2) Install SharePoint addin for Visual Studio (it will come by default if its VS 2010)

3) Create a new project of type Visual Webpart

4) The project will have one user control , one webpart cs class and feature and related webpart stuff

5) Start working on User Control to implement the functionality you needed.

6) On the Project Properties, Give the Project Server URL

7) After the development, Press F5 to deploy the webpart to the SharePoint system.

8) After the succesful deployment, go to Project Server and drag and drop the webpart into your PDP

That's all you are ready to use the functionality

You can also debug your webpart by adding W3WP process to your VS project and by placing the debug points.

Thanks

Ravishankar

Ravishankar
    Saturday, October 15, 2011 12:20 PM
  • You may not need to develop something.

Microsoft provide a solution starter called the Project Workspace List Viewer available at http://archive.msdn.microsoft.com/P2010SolutionStarter. This webpart sits within the Project Detail Page infrastructure used by demand management and can be configured to point to a document library within the corresponding project workspace. When the PDP is displayed, users can view and upload documents straight into the library from the PDP.

This might be worth having a look at before embarking on custom development.

Hope this helps,

Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Sunday, October 16, 2011 7:41 AM