Cannot remove OneCare file from PC - says I do not have permission RRS feed

• Question

• I had OneCare for over a year. When the time came to renew I received a message saying that they no longer offer this program. So I removed it and went with another one.

The problem is that when I used the program I was required to create a backup folder. I did this on my external harddrive. I have tried over and over and over for the last 5 months to delete this folder. It continues to tell me that I do not have permission. I even tried to remove it while I was still under my paid subscription so i know that me not using it anymore is not the problem. I have checked under properties to make sure that the access denied box isnt checked and its not.

Can someone PLEASE help!! This folder is taking up ALOT of space on my harddrive and is no longer needed.

FYI: I found this forum and followed all of the instructions and it did not work. http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1698096&SiteID=2

• Moved by Stephen BootsMVP, Moderator Wednesday, August 25, 2010 12:52 PM backup file removal (From:Windows Live OneCare General)
    • Edited by Kdarlin Wednesday, August 25, 2010 1:06 PM
    Wednesday, August 25, 2010 12:28 PM

Answers

All replies