Windows SteadyState v2.5 Issues/Concerns RRS feed

• Question

• I have recently installed version 2.5 to overcome some of the issues/concerns that I had with version 2.0.  However with the implementation of version 2.5 I have run into a few areas which I don't know how to get past.  I was hoping that someone here in the forum could help answer this.

1.  When logged in as Administrator and Windows SteadyState GUI is launched the help screen launches each time.  Is there an easy way to only have the help module launch when it is needed?

2.  One additional thing I have noticed with 2.5, which I did not see with 2.0, deals with the first time a new user logs into the system. 

a.  My profiles are setup to be very restrictive. 

b.  I block all internet access except for a few allowed addresses.

c.  Each time a new user logs in, and Windows tries to update Personalized settings the following error occurs:

This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer.  Please contact your system administrator.

This error only occurs the first time the user logs in.  I have never seen it occur a second time.  Howevever I would like to know what is taking place that is causing this error.

Thanks,

Joe

Tuesday, July 1, 2008 2:54 PM

Answers

•  

Regarding the first one, the help screen only appears once after installing SteadyState on my machine. Have you enabled WDP on the computer?

Wednesday, July 9, 2008 8:01 AM