Changed Windows LiveID, can't tell Live OneCare RRS feed

• Question

• I've changed my Windows LiveId because I needed to change my email. Now I can't login to Live OneCare with my new Id or my old Id. I can login with my new Id everywhere else.

A suggestion on the web was to let the existing subscription run out (31 August in my case) and start a new subscription with my new Id.

Live OneCare just informed my that my subscription will be renewed automatically. Obviously I don't want that but I can't see anywhere where I can stop this happening.

Q1: Is there a way to advise Live OneCare of my change of Id?

Q2: If not, is there a way to stop the automatic renewal or is the message that renewal is automatic wrong?

Kind Regards,

Christoph

Tuesday, July 1, 2008 10:22 PM

Answers

• As far as I know, a subscription cannot be changed from on LiveID to another, but you'll want to contact support to confirm this, as the process may have changed. When you go through the change of a LiveID, many subscriptions cannot be transferred and should still be accessible via the old LiveID, even if it is no longer an active Hotmail account.

To stop the automatic renewal, contact support shortly before the scheduled expiration to cancel and then start a new subscription by reinstalling OneCare and activating with the new LiveID, providing a retail key or payment information.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Wednesday, July 2, 2008 12:35 AM