Anti Virus RRS feed

• Question

• The Anti spyware and Anti virus settings are not changing. When I click on "turn on" It automatically goes back to "off".

Please Help. One Care says its urgent

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 8:32 PM

Answers

All replies

• Try the antivirus repair tool - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1695761&SiteID=2

If the repair tool does not resolve the issue please contact support. How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 8:53 PM
  • I just went thru *** with that antivirus 2009. Spy doctor cleaned up alot of it but not all. I then inbeween its fake attacks ,down loaded :microsofts  malicious software removal tool "and it finally got rid of all of it. Dont panic, if your screen turns blue and it says you need to activate AV2009.  and then a bunch of mumbo jumbo with alot of 000000 numbers carp, It will then say at bottom it is dumping your physical memory. It is not actually doing that, it is to scare you. It will then go to a fake restart page that when the loading dots should be going left to right they will bounce back and forth like a ping pong match. Wait for that to clear then go to windows securtity center and look for the soft ware down load I mentioned about. It will take a while to load and it takes a couple hours for it to go all the way thru your computer and clean it up. When its done all those pesky things that look like security center emblems sending you alerts will disapear off your dash. Just walk away after you start down loading and check on it on and off incase it promps you to do something.

Have faith there is an end to it. I went thru bloody heck getting rid of it. If you have spyware doctor use that first to clean it up. Contact support and they will tell you what to do. They are great!

The worst part of the av2009 is the TROJAN : WIN 32 / RENOS. C  that is what you are dealing with now.

Get on it all will be well again!

Friday, August 15, 2008 10:31 PM