help with my windows installiation RRS feed

• Question

• i have just reinstalled vista home basic on my mothers labtop. just to get a fresh install.  as it was a vista home basic fujitsu siemens oemact preinstall of vista and i did not recive a disc with the labtop. so i thought i could use a vista home basic dell oemact that i gat from a friend, and use my origional product key. but now i have done so and i can't acctivate windows with my own product key and i cant get an origional windows vista home basic fujitsu siemens oemact dics. i need help as im not this good with these computers thanks
    Monday, December 27, 2010 3:22 PM

Answers

• "bigcfc" wrote in message news:934f6ed1-f173-4000-9c99-64d893ccf85b...
    i have just reinstalled vista home basic on my mothers labtop. just to get a fresh install.  as it was a vista home basic fujitsu siemens oemact preinstall of vista and i did not recive a disc with the labtop. so i thought i could use a vista home basic dell oemact that i gat from a friend, and use my origional product key. but now i have done so and i can't acctivate windows with my own product key and i cant get an origional windows vista home basic fujitsu siemens oemact dics. i need help as im not this good with these computers thanks

Dell disks are notoriously picky about what keys they accept - and you're breaking the rules anyway by using it on a different manufacturer's machine.
    You may be able to get a set of recovery disks from Fujitsu-Siemens - it'll cost a not unreasonable amount. Trawl their website for details - starting here seems like a good idea.....  http://support.ts.fujitsu.com/com/support/downloads.html

You may also find that if you can get hold of an OEM System Builder disk for Vista Basic, you will be able to use that. More likely is that a Retail Full install disk will work.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, December 28, 2010 10:24 PM
    Monday, December 27, 2010 3:39 PM

All replies