Installed Live OneCare Beta (v2.0) but unable to activate it RRS feed

• Question

• Can someone please help me?????  I was using my Live OneCare and then was sent an email that I had been chosen to beta test v2.0...after finally getting Live OneCare uninstalled off my computer, I finally was able to install the beta version, but when I go to activate it with the 25 character test-PIN, I constantly get a page that says "Unable to perform that task now, this site is down now, please try later"

This has been going on for days and I dont know what to do about it.  Can someone please tell me how I can activate this Beta version??

Thank You,

jules1229

Saturday, August 11, 2007 3:58 PM

Answers

•  jules1229 wrote:

Can someone please help me?????  I was using my Live OneCare and then was sent an email that I had been chosen to beta test v2.0...after finally getting Live OneCare uninstalled off my computer, I finally was able to install the beta version, but when I go to activate it with the 25 character test-PIN, I constantly get a page that says "Unable to perform that task now, this site is down now, please try later"

This has been going on for days and I dont know what to do about it.  Can someone please tell me how I can activate this Beta version??

Thank You,

jules1229

Jules, I believe that the email you received contains an email address to contact for help.

If not, contact support - http://help.live.com/help.aspx?project=onecarev2

-steve

Monday, August 13, 2007 4:39 PM

All replies

• Did anybody else receive an invitation like this ? with a 25 character test code ?

Does the "team" have a preferred list of people ?

Maybe those who do not make remarks that make the team feel uncomfortable ?

Saturday, August 11, 2007 6:22 PM
  • As far as I know the sending out of keys for various parts of the test is completely random. I am sure that they are not looking at your posts and purposely not sending you a key.

-steve

Monday, August 13, 2007 4:38 PM
  •  jules1229 wrote:

Can someone please help me?????  I was using my Live OneCare and then was sent an email that I had been chosen to beta test v2.0...after finally getting Live OneCare uninstalled off my computer, I finally was able to install the beta version, but when I go to activate it with the 25 character test-PIN, I constantly get a page that says "Unable to perform that task now, this site is down now, please try later"

Thank You,

jules1229

Jules, I believe that the email you received contains an email address to contact for help.

If not, contact support - http://help.live.com/help.aspx?project=onecarev2

-steve

Monday, August 13, 2007 4:39 PM