locked
Reporting Error - The report cannot be displayed CRM online RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi

    I have created a custom report using BIDS and fetchXML.

    The report has a parameter in order to implement a filter field like parameter

    In my local machine y run a preview of the reports and everything works ok, I give values to the parameter in order to get one, two and more records and the reports works fine.

    I upload the report to CRM Online and I If give a value to the parameter that returns only one record the reports works perfectly, but if I give a parameter value in order to get more than one record I get this message “Reporting Error - The report cannot be displayed”

    I’m running the reports as Administrator so I have all the permissions.

    As I’m using CRM Online I have not access to logs or stuff like that in order to get more information about this error.

    The report is complex, as it has several sub-reprots.

    Any help?

    Thanks

    Wednesday, September 26, 2012 11:24 AM

All replies

  • Hi,

    Provided you are only using fetchxml - there isn't a silver bullet here - I find that the best way of diagnosing these issues is to create a copy of the reports and sub-reports and systematically start stripping out functionality until the report works. 

    You could also try logging a support ticket and ask them to look at the logs - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=203047

    Scott


    Scott Durow
    Read my blog: www.develop1.net/public
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

    Wednesday, September 26, 2012 8:23 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Scott thanks for your reply

    We have followed your recommendation and we started to include  one by one each sub-report to the main report.

    Since we get to the 6<sup>th</sup> sub-report we start to get the error, we did substitute this 6<sup>th</sup> sub-report for the 7<sup>th</sup> one just to verify is the problem was with this specific one or just with the number of sub-reports, so with the 7<sup>th</sup> one happens the same.

    Now we are certain that the error must be related to a time out thing, so the question is, is there any way to increase the time out for this reports? There is a parameter in the DataSet configuration named Tome Out, so we tried to change the value but even saving and re-building the report, the parameter remains with the same value (0)

    Do you know if there is another way to increase the time out for this report? Maybe in the Dynamics’ configuration? Once we upload the report to the system there is no time out parameter available.

    Thanks again!

    Álvaro


    AMV

    Thursday, September 27, 2012 11:29 AM
  • Hi,

    If the problem is a timeout - then there isn't anyway of adjusting that with Crm Online. 

    Again - you might try Microsoft support to see if the can shed any more light.

    Scott


    Scott Durow
    Read my blog: www.develop1.net/public
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

    Thursday, September 27, 2012 10:10 PM
    Answerer
  • Scott's correct - I'll try to bring this to the attention of the folks responsible for CRM Online report server configuration.  But AMV, if support can't help you, your best hope in the near term is to try to optimize the performance of the report.
    Friday, September 28, 2012 11:33 PM
  • Hi Scott, Pat<o:p></o:p>

    Thanks for the reply, at this moment I have a ticket
    with support, let´s see if they can give me some advices about this. I will let
    you know<o:p></o:p>

    Kind regards<o:p></o:p>

    Á

    Tuesday, October 2, 2012 7:23 AM
  • Great - keep us posted!

    Scott Durow
    Read my blog: www.develop1.net/public
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

    Tuesday, October 2, 2012 7:29 AM
    Answerer