vista64 Anytime Upgrade Media availability?? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I'm not sure this is the correct place to post, but I thought I'd try all the same.

Like many (all)  IBM/Lenovo customers I didn't receive any media with my machine, I purchased Vista Ultimate, and according to the MS site this is a license that covers vista64 also, and normally comes with the 64 bit media, but you can purchase that separately for use with your license. Many picked up the media via http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/ordermedia/default.mspx (which now states it''s SP1 media, hooray!) for $10 in the US (shipping to the UK is offered by the site).
    According to many forums, many in the US had the alternative of ordering the disks from compusa for only $5 (£2.50), I can only find what appears to be the same product it for significantly higher prices in UK stores (the equivalent of over $100)

I have tried to use this site to purhase vista64 anytime upgrade media, but it is not accepting the product key from the genuine MS sticker on the underside of my new laptop, nor is it accepting the OEM key that IBM/Lenovo actually used to offline activate this machine before shipping.

How can I get old of the media to upgrade? I only paid the significantly larger price for the Ultimate edition for the ability to use te 64bit edition if I chose to, and the now practically defunct (going on the new control panel text in SP1)  'Ultimate Extras'.

The site either says "Offer not found" or
    :
    "We are unable to process your order at this time. Please try again later. Error Code: 1067 :

I would like to purchase both vista32, and vista64 original media as IBM has chosen to supply neither.
    Thursday, May 1, 2008 7:34 PM

Answers

• Hi Yakumo.unr,

This issue isn't one usually dealt with in this forum. I checked with one of my collegues, and he suggested the following:

1. If you can get the media for US$10 at the link you referenced, that's probably the best price you'll find.

2. We haven't heard of a US$5 CompUSA offer, but we do know that CompUSA is closing stores (and I believe is going out of business).

3. There's an FAQ page linked off the page you referenced. (Click here for a direct link to that page.) There might be information that will assist you.

3. There is an order support telephone number you can call. That will connect you with a live person you can talk to who should be able to help you order the appropriate media. The order support page is linked off the page you reference, or you can click here for a direct link to the Order Support page.

I hope this information helps.

Best regards,

Jenifer

Thursday, May 1, 2008 9:09 PM

All replies

• Hi Yakumo.unr,

This issue isn't one usually dealt with in this forum. I checked with one of my collegues, and he suggested the following:

1. If you can get the media for US$10 at the link you referenced, that's probably the best price you'll find.

2. We haven't heard of a US$5 CompUSA offer, but we do know that CompUSA is closing stores (and I believe is going out of business).

3. There's an FAQ page linked off the page you referenced. (Click here for a direct link to that page.) There might be information that will assist you.

3. There is an order support telephone number you can call. That will connect you with a live person you can talk to who should be able to help you order the appropriate media. The order support page is linked off the page you reference, or you can click here for a direct link to the Order Support page.

I hope this information helps.

Best regards,

Jenifer

Thursday, May 1, 2008 9:09 PM
  • Thank you for your assistance, I prefer doing things online as then I have records, but I'll try calling.

the compusa offer might have been old, I live in the UK I didn't know it was closing Smile
    Thursday, May 1, 2008 11:03 PM