Comment Moderation Suggestion RRS feed

• General discussion

• This is probably asking for a lot but, what the heck, it would be really nice to be able to moderate/view/edit blog comments in WLW.   I've only recently realised that when using WLW instead of the WordPress editor to add posts, I rarely visit the Wordpress dashboard anymore with the result that weeks can go by without my moderating my comments. I have a fairly liberal comment policy but good posts now sit in moderation for a long time.

Ideally, I'd like a way of viewing/editing etc. comments inside of WLW ... but at a minimum it would be nice if WLW would provide some kind of notice that there are comments to be moderated with a link to the moderation page. That way I'll at least know that there is something for me to moderate without having to separately log into the moderation page every day just to check.

...Dale
    Sunday, July 20, 2008 12:07 AM

All replies

• You can set WP up so that when anything is waiting to be moderated it sends you an email asking you to moderate the post, with a direct link to it.
    Tuesday, July 22, 2008 5:36 PM
  • Are you using Wordpress.com or a custom install of wordpress? If it's a custom install, then you could use a wlwmanifest.xml file on your blog to enable this kind of functionality to be access from Live Writer. If this is the case and you require some help, please post back and I'll help where I can. If it's a wordpress.com blog, then this can't be done.

SL - Windows Live Platform MVP
    Thursday, July 24, 2008 12:45 PM