none
Net Framework Web API (NOT .Net Core) with Angular - how to run like the .Net Core Angular template? RRS feed

• Question

• Due to circumstances with GrapeCity reporting tool that is not yet able to run their section reports in a .NET Core environment, I need to be able to create a web site just like the .NET Core w/Angular template but using the normal .NET Framework. GrapeCity says they will not be able to support .NET Core until their next version of the tool comes out in December.  Six or seven months is a long time to wait when trying to set up a web site!

I have searched around all week for some kind of documentation on how to set up a .NET Framework 4.7.2 Web API with an Angular front end that runs just like the .NET Core template (same site, no CORS) and I have not found anything that is workable so far.  

I have been tasked with taking an old AngularJs 1.x site that ran under the umbrella of an older Web API project and recreating it with newer software. The old way AngularJs was built made it easy to run as same site within a .NET project, but Angular 9 is not the same critter and neither is the more up-to-date .NET Framework as what was used in that old solution.

Is there some documentation out there somewhere that can help me with this scenario? Preferably some kind of step-by-step method of getting the .NET Framework version of a Web API project to see the Angular 9 code in the same way that a .NET Core w/Angular project does it?

• Moved by CoolDadTx Thursday, June 4, 2020 1:02 PM ASP.NET related
    Thursday, May 28, 2020 6:17 PM

All replies

• Hi Rae_P,

Thank you for posting here.

Please see if the content in the following two links is helpful to you.

Using Angular 9 in ASP.NET MVC 5 with Angular CLI and Visual Studio 2017/ 2019

Use ASP.NET Web API and Angular to Build a Simple App

This is a question that belongs to ASP.Net, so I suggest you go to the ASP.Net forum to ask questions for better support.

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; Therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Best Regards,

Timon

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 4, 2020 1:12 AM
  • ASP.NET can be discussed at the ASP.NET forums.

http://forums.asp.net/

The tutorial uses Knockout.js so you shold be able to replace it with Angular.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/aspnet/web-api/overview/data/using-web-api-with-entity-framework/part-1

Thursday, June 4, 2020 1:58 AM
  • Please post questions related to web development in the ASP.NET forums.

Michael Taylor http://www.michaeltaylorp3.net

Thursday, June 4, 2020 1:02 PM