Viewing more detailed status RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any way of seeing a more detailed view of what Mesh is currently doing? The "News" listing really doesn't tell you much. Here's the scenario: My drive died yesterday so I set-up a new folder to sync back down to my machine. It's been running continuously since yesterday and MOE is taking 20-40% of the CPU time (I'm OK with that). I'd just like to get a better idea of what it's transferring, getting an idea of % sync completion, etc.

Secondary question: Is there a way of configuring the DL/UL speed? It seems to throttle WAY back from what I'd be willing to give it in the way of bandwidth.
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 3:49 PM

Answers

• No to both of your questions. The first one, regarding more detailed information, has been requested before. You may want to check out the suggestions thread for how to vote or submit a suggestion:

Live Mesh Beta: Suggestions - Go cast your vote!

I guess that the same holds for your second question, too, as this isn't something available today in Live Mesh.
    -steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 3:58 PM

All replies

• No to both of your questions. The first one, regarding more detailed information, has been requested before. You may want to check out the suggestions thread for how to vote or submit a suggestion:

Live Mesh Beta: Suggestions - Go cast your vote!

I guess that the same holds for your second question, too, as this isn't something available today in Live Mesh.
    -steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 3:58 PM
  • You could always do a bit of manual Log diving to see what Mesh is doing under the hood :P (%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Live Mesh\GacBase\*.log)...

However, It would be nice for a tad more (GUI'ed) information on what Mesh is doing with itself; on an opt-in basis of course... Hmmm
    ShadowXVII | http://www.shadowsplace.net
    Thursday, September 24, 2009 2:45 PM