How do i send an email using workflow to more than one email address for a single record? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi There,

I have a custom entity for a regional office set up. It has an email address field on the entity and i use a workflow to trigger an email which goes to the email address in the email field. However, now the office wants a second person to receive the email i.e. be copied in. Workflow doesnt allow us to add a second email address it looks at the regional office record and thats all i can enter in the field on the template.

Any ideas how I can achieve what i need to do?

Thanks

David

David Kelly

Monday, October 13, 2014 2:49 PM

All replies

• can you post a screenshot of your workflow send email step?

My blog: www.crmanswers.net - Rockstar 365 Profile

Monday, October 13, 2014 2:54 PM
  • Hi there,

Here is the step ( 2 images)

David Kelly

Monday, October 13, 2014 3:20 PM
  • you can put another email inside the To field, if it is fixed just write it in the field beside the current dynamic parameter, if is dynamic add it using the dynamic editor on the right.

My blog: www.crmanswers.net - Rockstar 365 Profile

Monday, October 13, 2014 3:28 PM
  • Hi  - Firstly, it does not allow me to write another email in the To field. Neither does it allow me to enter another Dynamic field. This is an email send template which is inside a workflow and it is used by a number of different offices. If i write in a specific email field then an email will go to the specific office each time conditions to trigger the workflow are met and i don't want that. I only want to trigger it when specific conditions are met and thats why i would prefer to use a dynamics parameter. This leads me to the next issue. I created a second email address field for the entity but the dynamic parameters only pull the primary email address.

Is there a way of adding a 2nd email address to the entity which will send to it?? Seems overly complicated for what i want to do which is send the same email in a workflow to two people!

Thanks

Dave

David Kelly

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 8:44 AM
  • Hi David,

The trick to add multiple contacts is to add them in a single go. please add all the required contacts together. Look at the right hand side - under add button. Three relations are added here. Also please look at the to field now.

Another option is to click inside the To Field, next to the yellow slug to add more items. see picture 2, I have added the same relation 3 times.

Display name for Contacts is "Entity" in our org. :) 

HTH.

Regards,

Jithesh

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 10:30 AM
  • Hi Jithesh,

Many thanks for your comprehensive response. Unfortunately the options that you can choose on your form are not available to me. So i have added a couple of images from my system below. You can see the customised Entity called Regional Offices and Partners which i've created. You can see there is an email field on it so my workflow would just pick up whatever is in that field. I thought i would be able to add a second email address to this field and that would be it. When that wouldn't work i've added a second email field but i know dynamics sends to primary of an entity only. Any ideas??

David Kelly

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 1:54 PM
  • hello David,

if you don't use templates, the email address fields will be available to you.

I have not tried, but a contact has three email fields. See if you can use these fields to send A cc to head office.

good luck,

Jithesh

Thursday, October 16, 2014 7:23 AM