Google calendar vs firewall RRS feed

• Question

• I cannot edit event details in Google Calendar. The browser tells me there is an eror on the page, and the details mutter about "permission denied". If I turn off the OneCare firewall, it all works as it should. I'm thinking there must be a setting to allow or restrict a site, but I can't find it.

On another computer in my house it all works fine firewall or not. I can't find any relevant settings that are different on the two machines.

???

Thanks

Doug

Tuesday, March 4, 2008 9:49 PM

Answers

• Thanks for all the suggestions. The ultimate solution (sadly) has been to use Firefox where this problem doesn't occur at all.
    Tuesday, April 1, 2008 6:46 PM

All replies

• I would add Google Calendar to the trusted sites in IE and try again.

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 10:16 AM
  • OneCare doesn't have any settings to allow or block a site. However, if the Google calendar control needs to be allowed through the firewall, compare the list of allowed programs on the PC that does work with the PC that does not work. Open OneCare, click Change Settings, Firewall tab, advanced.

-steve

Friday, March 7, 2008 10:20 PM
  • Thanks for all the suggestions. The ultimate solution (sadly) has been to use Firefox where this problem doesn't occur at all.
    Tuesday, April 1, 2008 6:46 PM
  • Thanks for reporting back. I'd call it a workaround, not a solution, though.

Have you considered resetting IE7 to defaults on the advanced tab? It reset *everything* and may resolve the problem when you access Google Calendar for the first time after doing the reset.

-steve

Tuesday, April 1, 2008 6:56 PM