MSKLC with Windows 7 - resulting keyboard does not work RRS feed

• Question

• I originally posted this question in the Microsoft Community forum, but was advised to re-post it here. However, I have no idea which forum category it should come under, so I am choosing the first one listed by default.

Several years ago I created a keyboard for Amharic using MSKLC on a machine running Windows XP, which worked perfectly, but the keyboard would not install on a new computer running Windows 7 (64 bit). I recently tried recreating the keyboard from scratch on the Win 7 machine. MSKLC seemed to work fine – it created the source file (which uses a lot of dead keys), and the resulting keyboard worked properly in the program's inbuilt test interface. I then built the DLL and setup package, but now when I try to use the installed keyboard, only the non-dead keys work. When I type a dead key followed by a base key, only the base character appears. Can anyone suggest where the problem may lie? Please keep answers as non-technical as possible, as my programming knowledge is very limited. Thanks

• Moved by Mike Feng Monday, April 8, 2013 12:45 AM
    Saturday, April 6, 2013 7:13 PM

Answers

All replies