none
Exam TS:70-536 RRS feed

• Question

• Before giving this exam do i need to specify in which language i am going to give this exam?

Or,it will be a combination of both C# as well as VB ?

Actually i am planning to give the exam in C# and i dont know anything about VB.

So please suggest.

thank you

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 10:47 AM

Answers

• When you will take the exam, you will be asked in which language you want to have the examples. Just select C# and you will be on your way :)

Good luck with the exam!

Dimitri C. - Please mark the replies as answers if they help! Thanks.
    Tuesday, July 27, 2010 11:07 AM
  • Not as far as I know, they are the same exam. According to this,

the exam is not tied to a particular version of the .Net framework, but
    rather covers the fundamentals of .Net development.

-- Mike Burr
    Tuesday, July 27, 2010 5:17 PM
  • after the exam ends;if i pass then what will i get?will they give some mark sheet or some grade sheet?How can i show others a document which tells that i have passes the exam TS:70-536 ?

You can log on to the MCP site and there you find multiple options:

1) You can create your own signature (So if this is your first exam, you can create a MCP Signature)

2) You can get a transcript in XPS or PDF format that lists all passed exams.

3) You can give a link to 3rd people to check your transcript. (First you set a password for that page and then you can give the url + the password to others. Then they can directly check on a site of microsoft if you really passed the exams.)

Later, when you earned a MCTS "title", you can also go and print that out. But there is no document to print for the MCP title. (At least I had nothing to download when I just had my 536 exam done. But after the 433 and the 505 (together with the 536) I got the option to download certificates for the MCTS titles.

With kind regards,

Konrad 

Thursday, July 29, 2010 5:53 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• When you will take the exam, you will be asked in which language you want to have the examples. Just select C# and you will be on your way :)

Good luck with the exam!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 11:07 AM
  • is this exam based on .net 2.0 or is it .net 3.5?

i want to do the 3.5 then would the exam code change?

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 3:54 PM
  • one more thing:

is there any difference between exam TS:70-536 and exam 70-536 ?

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 3:58 PM
  • Not as far as I know, they are the same exam. According to this,

the exam is not tied to a particular version of the .Net framework, but
    rather covers the fundamentals of .Net development.

-- Mike Burr
    Tuesday, July 27, 2010 5:17 PM
  • it's .net 2.0 and no, there is no difference between those exams :)
    Tuesday, July 27, 2010 5:46 PM
  • one more thing:if i fail in my 1st chance to pass the exam then will i get a second chance?

Or getting a second chance needs me to pay again for the exam coupon?

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 12:53 PM
  • Unless Microsoft has a second shot promotion going (currently they do
    not as far as I know), then you will have to pay to re-take the exam.

-- Mike Burr
    Wednesday, July 28, 2010 3:34 PM
  • after the exam ends;if i pass then what will i get?will they give some mark sheet or some grade sheet?How can i show others a document which tells that i have passes the exam TS:70-536 ?
    Thursday, July 29, 2010 7:48 AM

You can log on to the MCP site and there you find multiple options:

1) You can create your own signature (So if this is your first exam, you can create a MCP Signature)

2) You can get a transcript in XPS or PDF format that lists all passed exams.

3) You can give a link to 3rd people to check your transcript. (First you set a password for that page and then you can give the url + the password to others. Then they can directly check on a site of microsoft if you really passed the exams.)

Later, when you earned a MCTS "title", you can also go and print that out. But there is no document to print for the MCP title. (At least I had nothing to download when I just had my 536 exam done. But after the 433 and the 505 (together with the 536) I got the option to download certificates for the MCTS titles.

With kind regards,

Konrad 

Thursday, July 29, 2010 5:53 PM
    Answerer
  • After passing the 70-536 exam can i say that i am a MCP and can i put the MCP logo at the top of my resume/CV?

Friday, July 30, 2010 7:20 AM
  • Yes, after passing the 70-536 you are allowed to use the MCP logo and you get access to the MCP site of microsoft.

But please be aware that a few days can go before you get access to the MCP site.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Friday, July 30, 2010 7:32 AM
    Answerer
  • hi....
    Friday, July 30, 2010 8:21 AM
  • one more question :

Suppose i am passing the exam in my second attempt.In that case will it be displayed in the MCP site that i have passed the exam in my second attempt?Will someone be able to know that i am passing it in my second attempt?I am asking this because if the interviewers come to know this then it might create some bad impression on their mind about me :(

Friday, July 30, 2010 1:46 PM
  • Hi!

The transcript only shows passed exams. So if you failed on an exam it is not listed on your transcript (At least that is what I understood from the text I read on the MCP Site. So far I never failed an exam so I cannot verify that a failed exam is really not shown.)

With kind regards,

Konrad

Friday, July 30, 2010 4:40 PM
    Answerer