Plugin missing from organisation RRS feed

• Question

• Dynamics CRM 2011 on premise.

We have had a plugin registered for a few months. It was referenced by a solutions in two organisations and I could see it in Solution > Components > Plug-in Assemblies in each organisation.

Yesterday I noticed it was not visible in this view. The Plugin Registration Tool shows it still installed.

I unregistered it using the Plugin Registration Tool and then registered it again but it still isn't visible in the solution that references it in either organisation.

How can I investigate this?

Friday, September 6, 2013 1:48 PM

Answers

• Ok, I'm not sure why, but it seems to be working again.

I removed all trace of the plugin from both servers and from the orgs and solutions and then added it back and now it seems to be ok.

Is annoying because I don't think I learnt anything and it used a lot of time.

Thanks for your help.
    • Marked as answer by cja_intgrtch Monday, September 9, 2013 9:28 AM
    Monday, September 9, 2013 9:28 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Is the solution managed or unmanaged - I'm guess that it is unmanaged in which case it has probably been removed from the solution by an other version being imported or manually - you'll need to use 'Add Existing' to add the Plugin and then again on the Steps.

hth

Scott

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Friday, September 6, 2013 5:17 PM
    Answerer
  • Ok, I'm not sure why, but it seems to be working again.

I removed all trace of the plugin from both servers and from the orgs and solutions and then added it back and now it seems to be ok.

Is annoying because I don't think I learnt anything and it used a lot of time.

Thanks for your help.
    • Marked as answer by cja_intgrtch Monday, September 9, 2013 9:28 AM
    Monday, September 9, 2013 9:28 AM