Installing SATA Raid 0 drives in XP RRS feed

• Question

•  

hi, i have Windows XP running on a genuine Intel CPU and Intel Motherboard, with 4 SATA drives (71GB each) configured as two RAID0 volumes. i upgraded one of the volumes (two drives) to 500GB last night. i am struggling to set them up as a RAID0 volume - XP recognized and set the drives as two independent 500GB hard drives. XP on-line help has a section on setting up XP on a RAID0 volume, but does not have any help on how to add RAID0 volume. any help/cheetsheet is welcome. please.

Saturday, December 22, 2007 1:19 AM

Answers

• you are right. the drives are HW configured.

i found out that i did not have the Intel Matrix Storage Management (IMSM) Raid driver software. i downloaded it from intel.com and it worked like a charm. from WinXP i ran the driver, it recognized the two non-raid disks, asked how raid to be configured, and it was done. after that, i went into computer management, storage and formatted the now raid0 1TB volume. the machine is now singing...

thanks.

Saturday, December 22, 2007 5:41 PM

All replies

• Mash,

Are your RAID arrays originating from hardware, that is, are you using a RAID setup utility that is accessed during system boot up?

Saturday, December 22, 2007 6:44 AM
  • you are right. the drives are HW configured.

i found out that i did not have the Intel Matrix Storage Management (IMSM) Raid driver software. i downloaded it from intel.com and it worked like a charm. from WinXP i ran the driver, it recognized the two non-raid disks, asked how raid to be configured, and it was done. after that, i went into computer management, storage and formatted the now raid0 1TB volume. the machine is now singing...

thanks.

Saturday, December 22, 2007 5:41 PM
  • Mashimama,

Don't you just love it when a plan comes together?!!

Friday, December 28, 2007 5:49 PM